Monday 23 November 2009

In The Beginning

I have for a long time been interested in Hydroponics. even going so far as undertaking a Hydroponics Distance Learning Course from Australia (ACS). Excellent course..
Subsequently I have developed and ran several different systems with the biggest being a 2,000 salad head per week NFT set up in Thailand. All good fun and throughly enjoyed the fruits of my labour. This encouraged me to expand into mushroom farming. Why mushrooms I am still to this day not to sure ! However we got production up to 450 Kg per week, selling to the local market. But my main job got in the way and things moved on. But those are other stories except of the continued need to be 'doing' things in the agriculture arena.
More recently I have been following several Blogs, discussion boards and such like on Aquaponics. (definition below).
I am not going to explain the concept as that is already well covered in thousands of Webs and Blogs through out the Internet, by people who know far more than I ever will.
My decision to 'take the plunge' into this field AS A HOBBY ONLY, was encouraged, no, I should not say encouraged, but confirmed after reading about Travis Hughey and his Barrel-Ponics. The fact that he made available an online simple guide on how to get started did it for me. Travis Hughey
Thank you Travis. So here I am ready to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment