Wednesday 9 January 2019

Ghana Ponics 14 Another boring update......

Just a quick update. I've been away for the last two weeks and came back with some trepidation.  Hoping I did not need to start all over again..... Well all good but very dirty.

I had to drain out the tank.  The syphon had stopped working. Nothing wrong with the syphon itself.  Reason being the pump had got clogged up with fish crap. Therefore no water flow. However surprisingly the fish remained alive.

So I cleaned it all out and then emptied the tank down to a few inches. Lot of fish poop. I kept the fish alive in the little water left and then refilled with tap water.  Checked this morning and the little guys are quite happy running round in circles... Even enjoyed the new food. I know same as they go yesterday......?

As you can see below I keep the pump on a paving block so the nozzle is about 3 inches above the bottom of the tank. A safety precaution incase for some unimaginable reason the tank dries out.  You can never be too careful. That horrible lump of green in the tank is a bit of lettuce..... Ugh!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment