Saturday 18 June 2016

Aquaponics Part 1 'ish.......

Finally into retirement and today commenced with a start to clearing up of my old system. I'm not going to rush it. It's remained untouched for over 2 years. Couple of hours each day should see us up and running in about three weeks.

I'm cheating in someways as I will be using some of the old water so start up timing should be quicker. And as I am forever an optimist I'll start the seedling next week !!

I will be buying hybrid fish from our local petrol station. Thinking one tank cat fish and one tilapia. Thats right you read that correctly, a petrol station! A guy there has a stall on the side of the forecourt.  Been there for years before I came up here 15 years ago. Sells fish, frogs, prawns and assorted plants etc so good place to stop off. We have bought from him in the past. Thats how we stocked our pond.

So my first day at it...... but looking at the before and after shots I hope I've got them the right way round.  Looks like very little got done !!


Before and after shots of todays work......

Before.........
















After...... looking a bit better......... only a bit..........long way to go but at least I cleared up the under growth and no snakes.... or scorpions. So lucky start.


The hardest part is going to be getting the grow table sorted.  Needs re-leveling. Thinking of new steel bars as underside supports and then some fibre board before i reinstall the polystyrene channel.  (which has in part suffered severe damage due to rats in the store getting hungry.).  Can't win on that one.














No comments:

Post a Comment